Celebrating its 60th year in 2014, Norbury & District WI is a welcoming, supportive and fun group of women who meet every second Thursday in the month at Norbury Village Hall. We currently have around 40 members drawn from the surrounding villages. New members are welcome to join throughout the year and guests are also welcome at any time.
The monthly meetings start at 7.30pm (doors open 7.15) with a short meeting to discuss WI business and events for the diary, followed by a guest speaker. We then enjoy a lovely buffet tea, which gives members the chance to socialise and catch-up.
Norbury & District WI also has three darts teams which take part in the WI’s county-wide competition … bringing the cup home to Norbury on no less than 3 occasions! Other fun activities include a monthly Coffee & Craft group, together with a monthly WI & Friends Walking Group.
The WI is run by a committee of 12 members, the current President being Kath Hughes.
Our monthly meetings and guest speakers for 2020 are as follows:
- 13 February – Emergency Poet Deborah Alma
- 12 March – Weird & Wonderful Cheese Company. Speaker Chris Davies
- 16 April – Easter Egg Hunt and Fish & Chip Supper
- 14 May – Life Behind the Scenes of a B&B. Speaker Sarah Hopper
- 11 June – Men and Sheds / Men’s Mental Health. Speaker Tony Wilson
- 8 July – At Home with Sue Brown
- 6 August – Quiz plus WI Summer Walk (Details TBC)
- 18 September – Muckleton Meats – A Journey. Speaker Jan Morgan
- 8 October – AGM
- 12 November – Plant Recycling. Speaker Jane Pugh
- 10 December – Christmas Fun
- 9 January 2021 – Sex Over Sixty. Speaker Susan Blower
If you would like to join one of the meetings, perhaps to give the group a try before joining, the first visit is free, please call Kath Hughes on 01588 650467 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. There is a small fee for visiting members of £3.50, this includes a lovely supper!