In the photo above, outgoing President Rita Preston hands over the President’s badge to new Norbury & District WI President Kath Hughes.
Celebrating its 60th year in 2014, Norbury & District WI is a welcoming, supportive and fun group of women who meet every second Thursday in the month at Norbury Village Hall. Norbury Village Hall has full disabled facilities and easy access and parking.
Currently Norbury & District WI has around 40 members drawn from the surrounding villages. New members are welcome to join throughout the year, however, guests are also welcome at any time.
The monthly meetings start at 7.30pm with a short meeting to discuss WI business and events for the diary, followed by a guest speaker, this is followed by a lovely buffet tea which gives members the chance to socialise and catch-up.
Norbury & District WI also has three darts teams which take part in the WI’s county-wide competition … bringing the cup home to Norbury on no less than 3 occasions!
The WI is run by a committee of around 12 members, the current President is Kath Hughes
The exciting schedule of guest speakers for 2018 is below:
- 8 February – Investigating paranormal activity in and around Shropshire. Speaker Christopher Morris
- 8 March – Lyn Evans Designs – Torn Paper Artist. Speaker Lyn Evans
- 12 April – Five dogs, two cats and a couple of mugs – a Greek Odyssey. Speaker Mary Roswell
- 10 May – Awareness of Bees and their Importance in the Environment. Speaker Alison Wakeman
- 14 June – Colour Me Beautiful. Speaker Carolyn Hills
- 5 July – At Home with our President Kath Hughes
- 9 August – Walk with Krystyna, Jo and Kath
- 13 September – Speaker from Pricklebums Hedgehog Rescue
- 11 October – Magician – Jack Dent
- 8 November – AGM followed by Social Evening
- 13 December – Christmas party. Storyteller Simon Martin
- 10 January – Race Night
If you would like to join one of the meetings, perhaps to give the group a try before joining, the first visit is free, please call Kath Hughes on 01588 650467 or email email@example.com. There is a small fee for visiting members of £3.50, this includes a lovely supper!